Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Popcorn





It was another good day - and that makes me happy! I think one of the things that makes the eating part of my day go so smoothly is the pre-planning. I planned out everything I was going to eat today at the beginning of the day when I was having my coffee. I made sure and included a snack when I got home from work. As I've said before, this is a time that I usually want to graze. I've found that a rice cake with 1 T of peanut butter (3 points) fits the need perfectly.

I've also built in extra points at the end of the day - 2 or 3 - so that I can choose what I want. Sometiems it's a Weight Watchers 1 point ice creme bar. Tonite, it was a 2 point sack of popcorn and without a doubt, this was a good decision. I love the crunch tonite.

Isn't it funny how we crave different things at different times, at least I do! Sometimes I want sweet, sometimes salty, sometimes crunchy, and sometimes smooth. And you really never know until it hits you. That's why I've built in the points to use as I want to at the end of the day.

We had small group tonite and I made treats. I had strawberries, crackers and cheese and cucumbers - some with creme cheese on them and some without. For me, I had things that i could eat that were already built into today's plan. I could have 4-5 large strawberries (which were delicious I might add) and cucumbers. I also had found some Weight Watchers Happy Cow Swiss Cheese at the grocery store so I had one of those tonite instead of the other cheese or the creme cheese. I was as happy as can be with my choice.

I know full well that I won't always be. There will be times that I will juse pig out on the creme cheese and cheese and crackers. But for tonite, I didn't and I'm content here on my blog with a bowl of popcorn.

Blessings to you all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree about Happy Cow! It is my favorite treat-- a 1 pt thin bagel or muffin, toasted and spread with happy cow. I can add tomatoes, lettuces....and feel satisfied for just a few points.

I also like the WW cream cheese!

Pre planning is so important! Good for you.