Friday, June 22, 2007

Waking up on a Friday morning


It was just one of those mornings when I thought seriously about calling in to say that I was sick. Seriously. I mean - you'd like to think that you'd never ever do that - but this morning, well.... I came close.

What was my reason, you might ask. The reason was that it was Friday and I just wanted to stay home. Now, in my defense, I didn't feel on top of the world. I had to be in the office yesterday morning by 6:45 for a conference call and then the day just sort of went on and on. Have you ever been on one of those roller coasters where you're sitting there waiting for the ride to start and you look over at the guy with the controls.... and he pulls back that big stick... and BAM you're off. You can feel the G-force and your hair is blowing out of the roots... and well.... that's how yesterday felt. Finally at the end of the day, the little man let off on the stick and I came coasting into home. But I was done for the day.

So now this morning - I'm not all that willing to get back on the ride. Fortunately, my better sense kicked in and I got into the shower and eventually got dressed. After my quiet time with God, I felt good again and now after I finish this blog..... I'm going to go to work. I am. Seriously.

No comments: