Sunday, June 24, 2007

My Weekend - Part 1

It was just one of those weekends! I just had a fantastic, fun, variety-filled weekend and I want to share it. Nothing makes my weekend all that special from anybody elses - its just that a person like me who lives a pretty "normal" life without much hoop-la, enjoys a weekend like this now and then.


I'm going to start with Friday. It was a normal workday, albiet shorter than normal. I had a hair appointment at my "new place" Salon Antoine. I have a new person doing my hair and her name is Bea. I just adore her! She has longer dark hair with dark red highlights. She is very creative and dare I say, a "hair artist". It took me three tries to find somebody I trusted enough to tell them to do whatever they thought would be different. She told me that my hair color was too light for my skin tone. She said there wasn't enough contrast. So, off we went. I spent THREE hours there and she created something so fun!

Plus..... she asked me if I wanted something to drink while I was waiting for the color to finish. They had coffee, water, and wine. Wow...what a treat!

OK... so after my hair was done, I went to my friend Colleen's house. She was hosting a "girls night out" for women from our church. Her husband and sons went to stay at "nana's" house and so we had it all to ourselves. About 15 women showed up and we ate, and chatted and laughed. We ended up playing Gestures around 10 o'clock which was a hoot! Then we put on our jammas and watched the 25th anniversary special of Saturday Night Live until our eyes popped out of our heads from sleepiness. I can't do it like I used to! We all had places to sleep (not everyone spent the night) and we slept in until around 8:30 after going to bed at 2. There was coffee waiting for us along with french toast. It was just so nice to lounge around in our jammies drinking coffee and not having a care in the world. I left around 10 am. and when I got home, Jay already had the laundry done. Wow... what a wonderful start to a terrific weekend!

2 comments:

Chelsie said...

Cute hair! I like it a lot!

Sheryl Kenoyer said...

I love it when you like my hair! :)