Wednesday, June 13, 2007

The surgery

Well, its coming up upon two weeks until my surgery. I've been thinking about it lots. Having it delayed because of the insurance company has given me more time to think about it. It originally would have been this Friday - now its the 29th. Part of me keeps thinking and worrying what others will say about me having it. I guess it reflects upon how I used to think about it. I used to think that gastric bypass surgery was for people who were weak and couldn't do the weight loss on their own. I know that my surgery is mainly for my acid reflux but lets face the facts. I haven't been able to do the weight loss on my own either. This is something that is going to be so beneficial for my overall health. Ultimately, it doesn't matter what "others" think. I tend to worry about that too often - it sometimes is a focus that just doesn't need to be there. This is about my health.
OK - so Friday I see a psychiatrist for an evaluation that my insurance company has requested. Last weekend we had dinner with some new friends. Sher and I really hit it off and we laugh hard together. If I had milk in my mouth, I just might have the opportunity for it to come out my nose ( one of my wishes). Anyway......when I told her that I was going to a psychiatrist she just burst out laughing! She said "Hows that gonna go for ya?" Now that's a friend! She made light of it and we just laughed.

I guess they are trying to make sure I"m not eating to cover something up - like an abusive home life or something like that. Anyway - no worries. I eat 'cause I love food. End of story. :)

So - Friday starts the liquid/soup/bar diet again from Optifast. It wasn't so bad the last time and truly I almost welcome it. I've been eating like there's no tomorrow ( so to speak) and we're going out to PF Chang's on Thursday evening for Chinese for my last meal before the diet starts. Its going to be quite awhile after the surgery before I can enjoy going out to eat somewhere, even for a few bites. I've had pizza... and some ice creme... and cookies.... well, you get the picture. That will all come to a screeching halt in a few days and I'll start some serious preparation. I'm really excited about this!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Best of luck to you on the surgery, Sheryl....I hope it goes very well for you!