Saturday, May 3, 2008

My Saturday

This blog post isn't anything special to anybody else but me - but it was just one of those nice Saturdays! Jay was in Maryland all day for a class (that wasn't the nice part) so I was by myself. It had been a long week and I was ready for a day of relaxation. So to start it off, I slept in until 9 o'clock. It felt fabulous!

After I showered and dressed, I headed out to the nursery and browsed for plants for the deck. I was not in a hurry at all and found some really fun things! I brought them home and placed them out on the deck with a promise that I would put everybody in their place Sunday afternoon.

I then headed to Fair Oaks and to Payless Shoe Store where I promptly found the cutest pair of shoes for $7. I was so pleased. To celebrate, I went to a nearby Starbucks and ordered a coffee - found a cozy chair - and read for about an hour. Absolute Heaven!

After I went back home to freshen up, I headed over to my friend Shoshada's house for a tea and jewelry party. She is a fanatic about tea parties and it was just so much fun! She has a huge assortment of tea cups, not to mention several tea pots and fun varieties of teas. She had made cucumber sandwiches and had fruit and little sweet things too. mmmmmmmmmmm We looked at the jewelry for sale and just had a nice afternoon of conversation.

By the time I got home around 5 o'clock, Jay was just pulling in.

We had dinner, watched Charlie Wilson's War (a really good movie) and I'm now writing a blog.

Honestly - just a very relaxing day I must say. Hope your weekend is as relaxing as mine!

No comments: