Monday, May 7, 2007

I've been tagged

Apparently I've been tagged! I've never even heard about this - but I've been tagged by Jamie and its kinda cool! I have to tell you (my blog readers, whoever you are) 7 things about myself that you don't know. This is gonna be hard since two of you are my daughters!
#1 My mother made me take accordion lessons as a girl. I hated it so much. One time when we were having a recital, I was playing Lady of Spain (what else?) and we were supposed to dress the part. I had a long, flashy "spanish" skirt, a white peasant blouse and I had my hair pulled back with a long pony tail switch. For those of you who don't know.... a switch was a pretend pony tail. I thought I was pretty cute. I was the oldest one there and I was pretty sure that the little girls were awe-struck. Wow...get over it!
#2 I had my tonsils out when I was in 3rd grade. It was a pretty usual operation then - but I do remember they used either. They put the liquid either on a piece of cloth and put it over my nose for me to breathe. Pretty ancient, wouldn't you say?
#3 One time, I ran over a black snake with a riding mower. It gives me the willies to think about it now.
#4 Back in the day, when Lynn and I were in Jaycees....we used to go to Hatfield's Garage where Lynn worked.... we'd go there at night with Dick and Debbie Reeves, Ron and Teri Carlson, Greg and Marci Braden and maybe others, and we would disco dance. We loved it. Seriously
#5 My first car was a 1953 turchoise Ford with a round radio, three on the column.... and it was awesome!
#6 When I was a junior in high school, I was going steady with Terry Nash. We were working on prom decorations and when I got done, I drove down Main Street to see what was going on. There was my boyfriend Terry with my best friend Jill sitting next to him in his car. The next time through the loop, I signaled for him to go around the block. Jill wasn't with him then.... and he rolled down his window. I threw the ring into his car and drove off. Jerk.
#7 I love Grey's Anatomy, Survivor, blogging, Coldwater Creek and Starbucks.

Thanks Jamie.....this was awesome!

Now 7 friends.... wow. I don't know a soul who reads this. If you read this...and you're not Jamie, Rachael or Chelsie.... leave me a note and know this.... you're tagged!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great stories, Sheryl!

I'm so glad I "tagged" you, and that you saw that I did and responded....makes blogging even more fun!

I used to babysit for some Braden's....but I don't think it was the same ones.