Wednesday, March 28, 2007

The guy upstairs

We live in on the second story of a three story apartment building. For many months, the apartment upstairs has been vacant. That is until Larry moved in several weeks ago. I was coming home from work one day and there was a pickup with lots of stuff in it and several people help carry things up the stairs. This guy came up to me and shook my hand as he introduced himself. His name was Larry.

He seemed like a nice guy. How bad could it be having somebody living above us?

I'm sure Larry is a nice guy but OMG is he loud. He stomps around from one end of the apartment to the other. He must have heavy feet. Sometimes he "runs". He is awake all the time. Literally. Sometimes he wakes me up at 2:30 in the morning with his walking around. I always hear him up there. I have no idea when he works as he comes and goes all hours.

He vacuums daily - good for him. Its an annoying sound. He also plays his stereo on volume 10 when he vacuums. Good for him again.

Its been warm outside so we keep our sliding door onto our deck open to let in the breeze. Larry likes it out on his deck. He smokes out there. He talks on his cell phone out there. A lot. His deck is right above ours.

When I see Larry in the parking lot, I can hardly look at him for fear I'll yell.

Last Sunday, our sermon was about making sure that we invite someone to Easter services who might not otherwise hear about God. We are to invite that someone in our lives who we come in contact with that might now know God.

I'm afraid that might be Larry.

No comments: