Saturday, March 28, 2009

The White House of the Confederacy

Today our small group visited Richmona, VA and went to the Confederate White House. It was a lovely house where Jefferson Davis lived. We took a long tour but we were not allowed to take pictures inside.



Some of the things inside of the house were the authentic, but unfortunately most was destroyed by the Yankees during the reconstruction.




We also visited the Confederate Museum. They had a lot of very interesting displays.









I have to say that the time I've spent visiting battlefields and museums here in "the south", I've come to understand an entirely different side of the Civil War. I'm not going to start flying a Confederate flag or anything, but it's nice to find out more about the history and fill in the blanks that have been there in my knowledge bank.

No comments: