Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day Dad!



Today is Father's Day and while my dad is gone now, I still think about him even more happily on Father's Day. My cousin Dianna gave me this picture of my dad and it is one of the ways I like to remember him. Seeing him here, on leave from the Air Force, shows me a side of him that I rarely saw. It was a "carefree" look on his face and he looks genuinely happy to me! I'm not saying that I never saw him happy - but by the time I was old enough to analyze him, he was serious about his work and the economy and life details - and he wasn't the same.

At the Keeler reunion, I talked to several aunts and uncles about my dad's personality and what he was like when he was a young man. My thoughts were confirmed in that he was a wonderful man and a great brother! He always had a smile and was very easy going as well as mischievous. He also was a great athlete, which is something he would never admit to anyone.

So on this day, I say "Happy Father's Day" to my dad who I miss very much - and who I wish I would have had more time with - to discover, as an adult, what kind of man he really was. I love you Dad! :)

1 comment:

Chelsie said...

I miss Grandpa too!

This post made me puddle a little :)