Saturday, June 7, 2008

As God as my witness....




Last night, while channel-checking, Jay stumbled on WKRP in Cincinnati. That was one of my all-time favorite shows. It happened to be a 2 hour marathon. The first episode of four was the sitcom's actual first episode. I really don't remember seeing it and it was fun to see how everything started.

At a commercial break, I said that one of my favorite episodes was the Thanksgiving turkey episode and I wished that they would show it. Low and behold, the next episode they showed was that very one. It was the absolute best!

The picture you see was when Mr. Carlson and Herb came back to the station after their attempt at a promotion for WKRP. They took a helicopter and flew over a shopping center where they threw out live turkeys for people standing below.

As his last line (as shown in the picture) Mr. Carlson says "As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly."

You gotta love it!

No comments: