Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Falling Asleep at Night




For about the last 2-3 months, I've had issues with falling asleep at night. It doesn't happen every night - maybe 1-2 out of the week. It almost always happens on Sunday nights - so perhaps I'm having trouble shutting down my brain from thinking about the work week ahead of me or something. I truly have no idea.

Granted - I take a nap on Sunday afternoons - but I've ALWAYS taken a nap on Sunday afternoons and it hasn't bothered me before. I stopped drinking a Diet Coke in the evenings thinking that would help. Nope. I stopped taking naps on Sunday - nope again. Remember my lavender pillow? No help......

One night last week I finally fell asleep at 2:30 in the morning. Let me just say, I wasn't very alert when the alarm went off at 5:30.

I try going to sleep, but I just lay there. I change positions, try to settle in, try to calm my brain.... and then I'm still awake. Finally I get up and go into the living room to read. I can read for hours - and I'm not sleepy.



Now Jay - he can fall asleep in about 5 seconds. He always jokes that he'll let me borrow his sheep. You know - the ones who jump over fences to help you fall asleep. But the thing is - I'm pretty sure he only has one sheep. That's all the longer it takes for him to fall asleep. Jay isn't even sure his sheep is around any more.

I'm still trying to figure it out. I'm going to try a small glass of wine before I go to bed - and I'm going to try Chamomile tea. Not at the same time. I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sheryl....thought I would leave you a comment so that when you're up late tonight (or early in the morning)...you'll have something to read!! :)

I just got caught up on your blog....been too busy to do much blog reading lately....I really love that photo of your Dad....and the post about the toilet tank...so funny!

Take Care!

Jamie