Monday, November 12, 2007

A "Punny" Statement

It hasn't been a great week for me physically. Everything with the bypass surgery has been going really well. The eating is fine and I've lost 40#. No worries.

But - since a week ago Saturday, I have been dizzy and had no air. That is a worry. I get this dizzy thing every November practically. I guess its no different here in Virginia. I've been told its an allergic thing that causes my inner ear to act up and create vertigo. I get really dizzy when I lay down, when I move my head too fast or when I change positions back upright. Its not great. Last weekend was a bust - we didn't go anywhere or do anything. Jay had to drive me to work last Monday. I'm driving now but believe me, I felt a lot safer driving in Clay Center than I do here. You kinda have to pay attention here. ANYWAY, its better but certainly not gone. It is very annoying to me and I want it to be gone. I have an appointment with an allergist this Thursday and maybe he can do something to make this stop.

Then - the breathing thing is happening again. The thing that was supposed to stop when I had the gastric bypass surgery. I am out of breath walking up the steps to our apartment. I get out of breath just during a normal conversation. I wake up in the night gasping for breath. This is so annoying because it wasn't supposed to happen again. I have an appointment with Dr. B who takes care of my throat and this time - I want to know what's going on.

I've been a little cranky about this - mostly because by losing the weight etc. I've been feeling so darn good. And now a double whammie. I'm not a very good sport when it comes to this. I want it fixed and I want it fixed now please.

So - on to the punny statement. We did make it to church Sunday and we were telling our friends the Olson's about all of this. John said... you know.... allergies are nothing to sneeze at.

Made me think I was talking to Gail Habluetzel! :)

No comments: