Monday, November 26, 2007

Prancer


I'm afraid it was "one of those days". It was a Monday in every sense of the word. There was a voice message and an e-mail to greet me when I got to work that set a tone for the entire day. Something had gone wrong with the count of newsletters that arrived at the mailing house and they were 500 short. Not only that, they were short 700 of each of the three inserts. Nobody wanted to claim the mistake - not the printer and not the mailing house. I ran both offense and defense all day long and it ended with not much of a conclusion. I'm going to pray about it tonite. All I know for sure is that it wasn't my fault. Whew.

I had an overload of e-mails to deal with. There were a lot of new additions to my "To Do" list and I just had a horrid sense of being overwhelmed. I was glad when the day was finally over.

I drove home at 4:30 and it was already dark outside. It was cold, windy and rainy. I almost ran over a guy who darted across the street wearing dark clothing. I had to go to the grocery store. I was cranky.

When I got home, I had a short crying session that made me feel somewhat better. We had dinner and then Jay said that he had a surprise for me at 7:00. That in itself made me smile. So I patiently waited until 7:00. He had me sit in my recliner and gave me a Diet Coke. He sat down and turned on the DVD player on the TV. He had purchased Prancer and thought that tonite was a good time for us to watch it. I'd never seen the movie and was just glad to have something fun and full of Christmas to watch. It was great to take my mind off of everything and see a little girl's imagination unfold. What a wonderful idea to soothe the savage beast that was building up inside of me! :) I think tomorrow is going to be a better day!

No comments: