Sunday, November 18, 2007

Food Cravings

I was told that I would have a period of mourning (if you will) over food. Well, this past week I experienced that and it wasn't wonderful. It didn't last long - but the encounter with "what I won't ever eat again" was there and it made me sad.

I was thinking about all the fun times that Jackie Chestnut and I had making Christmas candy and cookies together. I can still do that - sure. But it won't be the same if I can't sample.

I wanted Chocolate Chip cookies - I wanted a fist full of them. I can probably have a bite, but I can't even really have one cookie because of a thing called "dumping". My system really rejects anything with a significant amount of sugar now. It just cannot handle it. My body sends out insulin too quickly now because it is absorbed so much quicker and I get sick, like the flu, for about an hour. Is eating one cookie worth it? Probably not.

I thought about cheesecake.

I thought about fudge.

I thought about a blizzard from DQ.

I thought about a Big Mac and large fries.

I thought about a big plate of pasta alfredo with soup and all the breadsticks you can eat at Olive Garden.

I thought about several slices of meat lovers pizza.

I wanted an ENTIRE cheeseburger with the bun. My stomach doesn't like bread at all. No way. It rejects it within about 10 minutes - if you know what I mean. And I think you do.

So there you are. Poor me. Poor, poor me. I realize in the grand scheme of things, this is absolutely nothing. And I'm really over this for the most part. I'm much healthier, food is NOT my life, and I do not need cheesecake. Deep sigh. I don't need cheesecake. I don't need cheesecake......

No comments: