Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Dear Diary


Did you ever keep a diary? I used to - back when I was a little girl. I had a little pink diary with a lock on it. I kept the key in my jewelry box - so I'm pretty sure my mother must have read it. Not a "sneaky" place to keep a key!

Many years ago, I started keeping a journal. This was a really good activity for me - and as I review over the past journals, I'm surprised to see some of the things I said and the events that I captured. Things I had already forgotten about. I still keep a journal today - though its more of a timeline and a spiritual journey recorder.

So now, this evening, I'm writing a "dear diary" entry - to make note of what i did today.

Dear Diary,

Yesterday, I made a decision that I was going to have to get out of the house and do something. I was lonely and bored and it was time to change that! I had seen an announcement in the church bulletin that the Medical Clinic was needing administrative volunteers. When I talked to them, they were very happy to have a new face and told me to come in on Wednesday.

I was really looking forward to today - it was nice to have a place to go! And I was not disappointed! This is a clinic offered to people who do not qualify for Medicaid or Medicare and who cannot afford any other health insurance. They treat only chronic conditions like hypertension, diabetes, COPD, asthma etc. The doctor sees them and then they help the patients get medications from the drug companies without charge. You can imagine that there is a lot of paperwork involved.

It was wonderful to meet three interesting Christian women and even better to be volunteering for something that is so good for the community.

I'm going back tomorrow and will continue to do so until I find a paying job. :)

Goodnight Dear Diary - until tomorrow.

1 comment:

Laura said...

So glad you found the clinic. I know it will be a wonderful experience for you.

I'm glad you keep a journal. Mine has helped me tremendously.