Thursday, April 30, 2009

The Banquet

The ministry I work for had their annual fundraising banquet a week ago. It is a huge project that I am involved in and it totally takes up months of time. We have it at the Sheraton Premiere in Tysons and ended up with nearly 400 people which is a record.



Our speaker was Fred Barnes, who is on Fox News and a member of "The Beltway Boys". He had a wonderful talk - it was fun to hear him.




The music was provided by Rob and Linda, who are supporters of CSM, I thought this picture was just good of them - not that you can see much of Rob - but it is a great picture. They sing together so well.........beautiful music!




Here is Jay and I, after the banquet, handing out sponsor gifts. By this time, I was exhausted, a little cranky and hungry. I didn't end up getting my dinner until the speaker started and by then, I didn't care! Thank goodness Jay was with me at the table - he was definitely in his element talking to people.




I'm just very glad it's over. This week has been all about follow-up letters and analyzing what went right and what went wrong and e-mailing pictures..... I'm really ready for the weekend. All that said, God truly blessed us and it was a wonderful event.

No comments: