Thursday, October 7, 2010

Seeking Direction and Discipline

So - I haven't blogged for quite some time now - and for good reason(s).

First of all, I haven't really had much to say in the way of positive things. Now from the onset, my goal was to talk about my progress with Weight Watchers and how my weight loss was going. And for the most part, I'm still in that process. Just that process does not always equal progress.

Second of all, it's hard for me to admit that I'm not disciplined. Not a big surprise to anyone - but in many areas of my life, I lack discipline.

I'm good at keeping my house clean. You can get both cars into our garage because it is neat and orderly. I wash sheets and towels on a regular basis. I pay bills on time. I remember meetings, I get up on time, I get my work done at the clinic..................and so it goes.

So with all that said, why isn't my Weight Watcher lifestyle disciplined. It is not rocket science and it doesn't take time, short of planning out my meals for the day and writing things down. Hardly worthy of an excuse of "not enough time".

Why? Lack of discipline in that area - and I wonder if it is lack of direction. I know that it is the best thing for my life and my health especially. I will feel better, by far. I will be happier with myself and who knows - I might be an encouragement to others. As it is, it's just a front. I say I am doing Weight Watchers, but in reality, I only have the books and the food journal on my kitchen counter.

I start out well in the mornings. I write down what I'm going to have for breakfast and eat the prescribed items. I sometimes even will write out the entire day. I take my perfect little lunch with me and even take some healthy snacks. But that's where it ends. By the time I leave the clinic to head home, it all comes to a screeching halt. If I stop for groceries, you can bet that there is a special treat for me waiting in the sack. When I get home, I eat said treat or find something else to "snack" on. Even though I don't have dangerous foods in the house ( which, I might add, I usually do anyway) I will go ahead and eat large quantities of good stuff!

So where/when does this cycle end? 

Not sure..............looking for direction. Searching for that illusive discipline.


13 comments:

Amy Warden said...

I can relate. I wrote out my prayer journal requests, planned to pray for them every day for 40 days. Somehow, it's not happening. No good reason. I think the key is accountability. Do you have any? I don't.

Anonymous said...

Hi Happy Holidays.

Hope you are doing well

Are you doing the new points plus??? It is soo confusing!!

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing

David Russo said...

It's hard to stop eating or drinking certain things when we know we should.
http://www.comicdaverusso.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

The POLO T-Shirts For Men is a timeless fashion icon, and one that practically every person owns at least one. With the choices that are now available, the polo shirt will likely continue to be a fashionable choice for years to come.Other POLO L-Sleeved Shirt For Men POLO Shirts For Men POLO Sweaters For Men Polo for women polo long sleeve for women

china oil painting reproductions said...

You post is quite great,I quite agree with you.Recommend more people to your post.Always visit your blog and support you.

va drug rehab said...

Sounds fantastic! Worth trying.

Anonymous said...

I was recommendеd this blοg by means οf
my сousіn. І am now not ѕure
whether oг not this publish іs wгitten bу way οf
him аѕ nobody elѕe know such particulаr about mу trоublе.
Υou are аmazing! Thаnks!

Feel fгеe to visіt my blog;
auto transport

Anonymous said...

Pieсe of wгiting wгitіng іѕ alѕo a eхcіtеment, if
you be fаmiliaг ωіth аfterward you
cаn write otherwisе it is complіcated to ωrite.


My web sіtе florist north east

Anonymous said...

Hey there thiѕ is kinda of off tοpic but I was wanting tο κnoω
if blogs uѕe WΥSIWҮG editors οr if you have tо mаnuаlly code with HTML.
ӏ'm starting a blog soon but have no coding knowledge so I wanted to get guidance from someone with experience. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Here is my blog post miracle garcinia cambogia dr oz

Anonymous said...

Hello! I know thіs is kinda off topiс
but I was wonԁеrіng if you kneω wheгe І
could find a captcha plugin for my comment form? I'm using the same blog platform as yours and I'm having trouble finԁing one?
Thanks a lot!

Feel frее to suгf to my webѕitе - raspberry ketones

gream said...

One of my favorite and interesting things is not much. Like this.








Golden Slot ผ่านเว็บ