Sunday, September 27, 2009

Things in my yard this September

By the calendar, it is fall. I do admit that the temperatures are dropping a bit - but I've not even remotely ever needed a jacket yet, little alone real shoes or long sleeves. All that said, the yard and surrounding area is beginning to show signs of fall.

This is my bird feeder - ready for the birds and also "ready" for the squirrels. They are huge culprits of food, as are the dear. This feeder is good because A. it is high enough off of the ground that deer can't reach it and B. it has a squirrel guard on it.



The plants in the yard are looking nice right now. Since it hasn't been quite as hot, they are having a chance to flourish. Also - we've had quite a bit of rain.







This is the humming bird feeder and the beautiful plant around it. I don't get many humming birds at this point. I do see one now and then, but we're new on the block and they apparently haven't found us yet. Maybe next year....



This is a random cactus in the front yard. I don't know why it's there - or why it's staying. Very random.



And speaking of rain, we have had quite a bit. Because of that, we have lots of mushrooms showing up in the grass.







This one isn't real - it's made out of concrete I believe. Kinda cute though, huh?


1 comment:

Laura said...

Your yard looks lovely. Enjoy your autumn weather.